OpendTect main features
dGB’s software products can be split into two parts: open source and closed source.
The open source part is OpendTect, a seismic interpretation software system for processing, visualizing and interpreting multi-volume seismic data, and for fast-track development of innovative interpretation tools.
The closed source part consists of a set of commercial plugins to OpendTect that offer unique seismic interpretation work flows. To buy, or rent commercial plugins OpendTect must be run under a commercial (or academic) license agreement.
- Data IO via SEGY, LAS, ASCII
- 2D & 3D viewers
- Horizon trackers, fault sticks & planes
- Interactive attribute analysis
- Well tie, wavelets
- Time-depth conversion
- 3D bodies.
Special Functionality in OpendTect
- Spectral Decomposition (FFT and CWT)
- Distributed computing
- Trace cross-equalization
- Create pseudo-3D volumes from 2D seismic
- Link to GMT (open source mapping)
- Link to Madagascar (open source processing).
OpendTect Installation Manager
OpendTect is available under GPL, commercial license and academic license. Learn more about licenses here.
Download the OpendTect Installation Manager by selecting on of the platform links:
Copyright © dGB Earth Sciences – All rights reserved